It all started with lunch at The Pump Room. Downward spiral. My diet, gone. I can feel myself getting fatter with each mouthful of junk food. Main kind of food yesterday at the Naming - dessert. YES. But oh god, did it feel good! Now though, not so. I feel miserable. Now, not only am I getting more sick, I am getting more fat. GREAT!
Preparation for the ceremony sucked. Had to stay in the office the entire week to work on office work and prep work for the Naming. Tiring. Most days, I knocked off after 9pm (remember I start at 0530). I'm sure this is against the law by the way! Preparing T cards, folding napkins, buying stuff, faxing this and that, calling people, ordering stuff, carrying stuff, arranging blah blah blah (never ending crap). It is exhausting. Mentally too. SIGH! No wonder I'm sick. I don't get to workout (SAD!!!!), eat home cooked meals, slack. It was a horrible week. Thank god it is over now...
Yesterday was a disaster. Maersk working committee got the first boat, kenki 26 (damn fast), at 0630. Of course, people were late, so thank god we ordered the water taxi. When we reached the rig at approxiamtely 0620, the brouhaha started. The cage wasn't down and we had to wait for 15 minutes. My mum started making a big scene and panicking. Argh! Sucked.
Going up by cage is shiok! Man, I love the height! And Crane op Shag is so funny. I like him! He is the only one who calls me beautiful. Haha. Thank you! But I shy la. He said that over the speakers. Paiseh!
We were behind schedule so we had to rush. Plus the people in charge of certain tasks on the rig didn't do as they were told. It meant we had to do our tasks and theirs as well. FULL OF SHIT. I had to run like a mad woman between the decks despite being sick and extremely exhausted. We didn't get to eat breakfast as we planned. Luckily, I always pack food with me and have 2 breakfasts (:
Heng I didn't have to be flower girl. I vehemently refused to be. In the end, one of the Keppel girls handed the flowers to the Ambassador. The ceremony was pretty disappointing. All the preparation made me think it was gonna be damn fancy and stuff. But it seemed very small scale. There were so little people and the applause was so sparse and inaudible. I only enjoyed the breaking of the champagne bottle. NICE. After the ceremony, the girls had to wait outside the galley for the guests to arrive and hand out wet tissue after the rig tour. Waited for over half an hour. Legs really worn out by then after running up and down with safety shoes. The new safety officer is hilarious! Such a good sense of humour. James. Haha. He was standing around pretending he had knew what he was doing. Nice guy. Better than the previous one :/
The food. Evil. Had first round in the rec room and the second round in the galley. Realised there wasn't lobster in the rec rooms. Discrimination! The food was alright... Nothing special. But somehow I was gravitating more towards the dessert. Tried almost one of everything. And I had flavoured drinks, which I never have. So I feel terrible. All that sugar. Argh... Had a real upset stomach after eating everything. But that wasn't the end of the indulging. When we got back to the office, we saw all the Delifrance pastries that we ordered in case of wet weather and the boats had to be held back. We get them of course, since the weather was beautiful. I had one of almost everything too. Eclairs, tarts, chocolate mousse, madeleines... This still isn't the end. The whole team went out for dinner and beer at Raffles Marina. Had fried chicken, deep fried onion with mint dip, terriyaki chicken sandwich with fries, satay then 2 types of ice cream. SIN. Gluttony. Shit, I feel bad.
On my detox process again. Having soup for dinner this whole week. Just chicken, tofu, cabbage, peanut and CHILLI PADI! Must have chilli padi. If not no kick. Mmmm. Had to put more into my soup today. One chilli padi per bowl. SHIOK. Pedas. Plus, chilli padi is goooood. Can burn more after eating chilli la. And it's clearing my clogged nose. Haha. Thoroughly enjoying my soup now. Yummy (:
Planning my diet. 4-5 small meals. Green tea is a must after each meal. One thermos a day in total. Nestum/oatmeal for breakfast with a glass of oat/soya milk. Second breakfast should be either tuna/scrambled egg/peanut butter sandwich. Lunch will be either one of those sandwiches plus yogurt/fruit. Next meal either yogurt or fruit. Dinner will be the same soup. Hopefully I will recover soon enough to continue my workouts. I hate being sedentary now. I can feel fat accumulating. SIGH!
There's just 3 days of work left. I gotta say goodbye soon ):
Missing you...
Sitting here counting the hours,
Waiting for the sun to kiss the sea.
No comments:
Post a Comment