Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kiosk

The busy week is about to start, but tomorrow might be at Maersk office once again to help with petty cash. Petty cash was the first thing I ever did at Maersk. I hope it's the last time I am ever handling it! If I am going tomorrow, it will be a half day for me, then it's off to see the landlord to sign papers for the new cafe. We are still brainstorming about the menu, but I already have some things in mind that I believe are must-haves:

1) Mummy's carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
2) Godpa's herb bread
3) Aunty Angel's Mandarin orange cake
4) Periama's steamed cake

As for savoury food, I am not too sure about it. We thought maybe sandwiches would be nice, for example: Turkey breast, rocket, avocado and bacon sandwich. Killer sandwich! But there's a Subway in the basement! So we'll probably lose out there. I want to be able to serve healthy choices too, if I have any say at all in this. Cherry tomato salad with italian dressing, chicken breast salad with balsamic vinegar! Doesn't it sound lovely?! Maybe my own cafe one day. I still have my dream of my brick and mortar store where I will sell my self-designed clothes and I will have a cafe in my store, where I will sell all my favourite foods! IT WILL BE A SUCCESS! I WON'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY! HAHA!
While we are still on the topic of food, I really want to spend some time at home learning Amma's recipes! If I'm not working tomorrow, she agreed to teach me her roti prata recipe (((((: MMMM! Chicken curry, thosai... All the food I have been eating since I was really young!

Food journal 30/5
Breakfast:
Omelette (peppered and with tomato) with toast
One glass skimmed milk

Lunch:
One glass soya milk
Peanut butter, nutella and banana toast

Dinner:
Chicken breast sambal in a wholemeal tortilla wrap
Tofu
1 red dragonfruit
Some orange and pear!
One cup hot green tea

Indulgence of the day:
One slice herb bread
One slice vanilla sand cake

I didn't get to eat as often as I hoped today. Had to go to collect my lenses and take a look at the cafe kiosk. Could've squeezed in another meal during that time. Hmmm. Somehow don't feel too happy about the food today, other than the fruits, and feeling really really full from all that fibre! The dragonfruit is extremely yummy today. The best I've ever had. Get your hands on some, if you ever chance upon red dragonfruit from Malaysia! They are really sweet, and also really nutritious. From the colour, you can tell it's really high in antioxidants! Good for you! And because dragonfruits have lots and lots of seeds, you don't have to be afraid of getting constipated! Haha! But don't be afraid if you see your crap look purple/red the next day. It's natural, just like when you eat beetroot (: I love my food! Can you tell?

No workout for me today! Got way too hungry and now way too full to start. I really hope to get some exercise tomorrow. I can't go too long without a workout! I get really lethargic and cranky! To feel good about yourself and your body, get off that ass and start moving! (:
Got more sore today, somehow, from Friday's workout. I had difficulty tossing and turning in bed even! Haha. But feels so good. Feels like I pushed myself. Shall just take today as my rest day (: Hopefully, I'll get my workout tomorrow!

Another good day with the family. Really nice (: Always makes me feel so fortunate to have so many loving, caring people around to support me (:

No comments: