Yesterday was the last day of work for us guards a.k.a Operations Control Officers. Got to work at 7:30am and left at around 12:30pm (but got paid full day!). Was another bittersweet day for me. Bitter because no more visits from my dear guys, sweet because I can now pursue whatever I wish to. Met WJ kor before leaving just to say goodbye and talk a little, cos it's obvious I won't see everyone as often. So it's sad. But I promised to meet up every now and then. Hopefully it will happen. Ok, it will happen! I will make it a point (:
Felt pretty bad cos PY had to stay back while the rest of us left at 12:30pm. They released some of the guards cos we were completely redundant. Supervisor Mao had to choose the lucky one person to stay back and wait for the KFELS or DSL guys to return, then for big boss to return from taking photos of the rig. Sya and PY were in the toilet so Supervisor Mao said whoever walks into the office first will stay back. So PY was the one. She said it was unfair cos Sya was having big business. Sya was nice enough to accompany her. I would've, but the pump room just doesn't feel like my place anymore. Been spending way too much time in the office slogging that I just feel like I don't belong at the pump room. SIGH. It's ok. It's over now. Although the rig has left for Phuket, we guards still have the obligation to return any time between now and the 3rd of June if they call us back cos officially, our contract ends on the 3rd (meaning we get paid till the 3rd, even if we don't work). Of course, I will be the first one to be called back since my mum is there. We will need to clean up the registration post before handing it over. Mum says PY cannot escape. We will wait for her to come back from Langkawi then clean it. So we have another week before it happens! Till then, time to diet, work out and catch up on sleep!
Last night was dinner at the Mezza9 which is on the second floor of the Hyatt. It was all Henrik and Knut's bright idea. So wrong! One is twice my age, the other is MORE than twice my age. Imagine these men trying to get a date with me. Argh. Of course, my mum wouldn't let them 'date' me so she said if there was gonna be dinner, then she would be there too. When Henrik asked, I remembered saying no, I wasn't free, but eventually got forced to go ): She pulled PY into it too. Since she's 'in love' with the nut. Hahaha! At least we had each other to feel bored and awkward with. The food was good though. It's an international fare place so we had lots to choose from. For starters, we had bruchetta, garlic bread, crab cakes, an assortment of sashimi (YUMMY!) and salad. I was full by then but had to continue eating my main course. Shared the Seafood Platter with mum. $138. The platter consisted of lobster, alaskan king crab, prawns, salmon and tuna. It was worth it! But we couldn't finish. There was just way too much food. Knut and Henrik each took a piece of alaskan king crab and they really really loved it. You should've seen how they devoured it. HAHA! Funny fellas. Of course, no meal is complete without dessert. We ordered two dessert platters to share. It had cherry sauce with liquor, lemon tart, chocolate lava cake, ice cream and rose macaroons which my mum ordered specially for herself. ARGH! Felt sick after eating it. That was officially the last meal that I would allow myself to indulge in. Started my 'diet' again today. Had oatmeal with banana and peanut butter for brunch (woke up at 11am. SHIOK), scrambled eggs with cheese on toast for lunch, a glass of milk, soup for dinner, a glass of soya milk, one cup of carrot and orange juice, some green tea, a few strands of pasta (like 5 just to try) and mushrooms. This is seriously quite little. Hmmm. And sounds like a lot of fluid. I am a little hungry now, but not going to sleep yet. Waiting for something to happen soon (((((:
Decided to try working out twice a day, for 20 minutes each time. This way, you fire up your metabolism twice! I really need to expand my energy expenditure. I am hoping the 3kg extra is the gain from muscle and not fat. My maid says she only sees the weight on my face. AHH! Chubby face! Only good for pinching. But try it, and I will get aggressive. Haha. It's ok... I have the determination to get into better shape (:
Got a call from Mee Mee, telling me that my contacts won't arrive for another 3 weeks. I don't have supply till then! So pissed. I can't be wearing my spectacles around! Firstly and most importantly, I am extremely vain when it comes to this (exceptionally so). My degree so high sia. Look like nerdy shit. Hahaha! Ok another reason, which is another good reason... I get dizzy when I wear my specs for too long. Really not used to it anymore. Next, I can't work out in my specs. They get fogged up and they slip off my nose cos I perspire like hell. I remember fencing with specs. In that mask... Always fogging and I couldn't push up my specs when they started slipping off. Had to stomp my feet and wave to the ref for a time out. So stupid. Then came squash. If I didn't get contacts, I had to wear the over-glass goggles, which are huge and ugly! Once again, it's vanity. But but but... since wearing contact lenses, my eyesight has stabilised. Just got them checked a few hours ago. 500 and 600. The disparity in my astig is pretty bad. One eye is 175 and the other is 50 only. So... I don't know! My eyes are weird. Haha.
Oh! Hello there! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment