Saturday, December 25, 2010

23/12, Christmas and its eve (:

23/12
Had to wake up way too early for the Project Sunshine meeting. Was late for it! Then again, only half were in attendance, and half of that half were late anyway! Jinsiong asked me to wait for him at Dhoby Ghaut cos he didn't want to be late alone. Haha!
Had an awesome Subway lunch with Jin. Subway has shifted to the School of Information Systems! Looks like not much reason to visit SOE anymore then!

Ok, I didn't have this. Haha. I had a wrap. This was from Wednesday's lonely dinner at Central! I had a terriyaki chicken wrap instead. It's sad how the salad costs $7!

Walked around town for many many hours after! Haha. I am so fickle. And I wanted to get the best so... That meant lots of walking! From Dhoby Ghaut to Somerset, then to Orchard!
Got hungry. My snack:

Wild berries with plain yogurt. I like how this yogurt is totally not sweet!

Got home and started my baking! Aunty threw away my bend and bake! ): My reusable silicon cupcake holders ):
My first time using so little butter in a recipe. Hmm. Was afraid they might be a little too dry but... I thought they were ok! Did the coffee frosting the next morning!




24/12

Training once again. Reached Hilltop about 45 minutes later than I usually do. Lots of things I had to accomplish before leaving my place. Like packing baby's yummy (quite) chocolate muffins with coffee frosting.

They don't taste so good without the frosting ): But that usually happens when I try to make things healthier. The amount of butter for the entire batch of cupcakes was 1/3 of a stick of butter. That's very little!

Anyway, training was so-so. 5 people once again. I don't think anyone really had the mood to train on Christmas eve! Skipped, shadow boxed, bag work, personal training by Terence, more bag work... Then I left earlier for a fishy dinner! (: Mmm, fries.
"Oil and potatoes both grow underground so french fries may have eventually produced themselves, had they not been invented!" Hahaha.

After dinner, I was seriously debating whether I should go for midnight mass. I've always only gone for midnight mass. Was feeling so exhausted and sleepy!
This year is the first year I remember going for mass with Jeremy.
Father Terence really knows how to make people feel guilty. Haha. I feel bad sometimes when I go for mass.
The thing I like about St. Anthony's is that it is still rather traditional. We still sing hymns, and not stuff like Hillsong. I know Hillsong is nice and all... Used to love singing those songs at chapel back in AC. But they are just so... contemporary. I don't quite like the modern bullshit. Sometimes I feel that the meaning is lost. Maybe that's why I stopped going... Not because I don't believe. I am sure I do more so than some of those who go for Sunday mass every week.
Well, I had fun at mass. It's nice. It used to be so torturous when I was younger.
Walked home from church.. Reached home past 2am. Slept really late!




25/12
Woke up too early! Haha. Oh man, I need more sleep. I don't want my pimples to start coming out again!
Had lunch at Amma's house with the rest of the family. Really awesome food. Roast beef (best!), roast chicken, 3 different kinds of potatoes (lemon thyme, dill and chives), romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes, a huge ass bowl of fruits (blueberries, cherries, mango, apple, guava, grapes, oranges). I ate so much...


Aunty Marion had to keep aside some of the fruits, especially the mangoes and cherries for Uncle Simon. Hehe. I am a monster for these fruits!!!! (:

Met my dear for a bit in the afternoon. So hemsem in the checkered shirt. Hehe (: Ahhh... So nice to spend some time with you (: Bouldering soon!!!!
Bought a white hoodie for Jeremy at Uniqlo. Pretty nice leh... And he loves it! He's hugged me thrice in two days. Haha (:

Pretty much had the same thing for dinner. The beef was just so good!!! Lean and tender. Mmm.. I could eat it for days.



It's amazing how as kids, presents were such a big deal. As the years go by, I just really wanna spend the day with people I love love love! And this Christmas, I did exactly that! (: Sweet (: The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree - the presence of a loved ones all wrapped up in each other.
There's really nothing more I can ask for.


Christmas in Bethlehem. The ancient dream: a cold, clear night made brilliant by a glorious star, the smell of incense, shepherds and wise men falling to their knees in adoration of the sweet baby, the incarnation of perfect love.

No comments: