Saturday, December 18, 2010

18/12

Another day, another workout. This is getting addictive. Days with no workout = shitty, lethargic feeling. Not good.
Made it to CF Hub, team of 3 WOD:
80 pull ups
80 tyre flips
80 wall ball sit ups
80 burpees
We toss the die and do the number of reps on the die till until the team completes 80 in total. And each member has to complete their set before the next one starts.
We started with the pull ups first. Ok, my first time with the bands. I didn't know they worked that way, but they're extremely handy and make the "pull ups" easy. I know what one of my 2011 resolution will be already. Haha.
The tyre flips were extremely painful, even though I got the lightest tyre. Don't really know how much they weigh... Obviously more than me. It's not that I couldn't flip the tyres, I just took a long time. But anyway, Shawn and Yun helped me. I felt exactly like I did when sparring during Muay Thai trainings... Sparring with bigger girls to be exact. So small and disadvantaged. Argh! I will conquer you!!!!! Plus, I kept rolling 6 on the tyre flips. And they were not easy to do with my right supporting leg, cos usually I would use my left, but my left is just so... injured.

My stupid injury from tripping while running up the escalator. Left thigh, escalator. Right thigh, tyre. I wish the left was as cool as the right!
Anyway, my legs are in bad bad bad condition and my mum keeps nagging at me. How she doesn't approve of me and Muay Thai blah blah blah. Well, it makes me happy so... Oh man, she just came home and told me she showed my MMS to Henrik and the rest at the NOV dinner :/

Got my tights from Adidas today. Should start wearing my Muay Thai shorts to training soon. If not I will be wasting my money! I've decided to quit the fight team after my fight on the 9th of January. After all, I was after the experience. I am very proud of myself. I'm one of the handful of the fight team who regularly make it to training, I do not take short cuts (shall not shortchange myself), I do not give up though disadvantaged (size and weight), I cry but I keep fighting. Yes, chilli padi indeed! I say, good job Maddie!
But why have I decided to stop competitive Muay Thai. Well... The next fight will be in August. So from January to August, I will have to commit to the minimum 3 trainings per week. It was possible the past few months because it's only the first semester and there's the entire December for me to just purely devote to Muay Thai. I do not deny that Muay Thai has taken up a lot of my time (and energy), leaving me with little for my studies. That explains my miserable 3.30 GPA. It's always painful to know you could've done better but I don't regret this whole Muay Thai experience. I've gotten to discover so much in me that I never knew existed and I understand my body so much better now. Plus, the physical rewards. I'm in better shape now than I've probably ever been.
I'll still attend trainings, maybe once or twice a week. And when it gets busy during the semester, I can just skip the trainings and do my own. Probably more CF Hub next year too, since it's close to school anyway, and doesn't take up 3-4 hours of my time. Oh how do people not workout? I would feel like dying!!!
Was looking back on my first few blog posts (so childish!)... I was always into keeping fit and in shape. The only difference is how I do it. First was the nutrition aspect. In JC, I started reading about stuff and decided to cut out rice and noodles. I was famous for YTF no rice/noodles and ji fan bu yao fan. But I guess I always have a craving for carbs. Yikes! I am especially a sucker for bread. Earlier this year when working, I went back for a short while to eating some rice/noodles that were packed from the rig, and I really felt awful! And I got so unfit and slightly "chubbier". Glad that's over. Well, am gonna slowly wean off the bread. I used to eat... maybe 6 slices a day? But a few months ago, I already gave myself a limit and cut it down to 3. Slowly, but surely... It can be done!
I also used to believe in long painful workouts. Now I believe in short, painful ones instead! (:
Mmm, sometimes I really wonder what my friends are thinking when I keep rambling about my food and workouts. If I'm boring you, I'm sorry but I just love it. I speak with passion!!!!!!

Gotta plan for the upcoming week. Other than the 3 days of training, I have a date with Andrea on Tuesday. If Thursday I don't have to work then I'd like to do some last minute Christmas shopping. I suck terribly at gift giving. But nah, it doesn't matter. I hope I am the gift instead (:

The short hour nap I took in the evening is keeping me up! It's already 12:45am. Gotta force myself to sleep soon. Getting so darn hungry. Just one of the reasons why I hate late nights!



It is astonishing how many men lack this power of 'holding on' until they reach the goal. They can make a sudden dash, but they lack grit. They are easily discouraged. They get on as long as everything goes smoothly, but when there is friction they lose heart. They depend on stronger personalities for their spirit and strength. They lack independence or originality. They only dare to do what others do. They do not step boldly from the crowd and act fearlessly.

No comments: