Down to Hilltop for the second training of the week! Attendance is really getting from bad to worse. Might have to do with our President being on holiday. Ok, maybe some people have gone on holiday too, OCSP and all. Lucky. I haven't gone on a holiday in over a year. The last one was to Phuket, a last minute thing. Followed my mum when she got assigned there for work. I wanna go on a holiday!!! ARGH. I want a beach holiday to be exact. Dying for some sun. Looking paler now, soon I will look like Edward from Twilight or something, but without the glitter! :(
Anyway, some seniors came down to train with us. Made it look like there were more people. The gym is really quite small, and the equipment is limited too so... It sufficed. Of course, the fight team got the priority.
Warm up (skipping)
1 hour of simple combinations with low kicks
Clinching
Theory lesson (videos)
I have to say that the 1 hour was pretty painful (quite literally), but it passed really quickly and I feel like I've gotten so much better with my right kicks. Keeping it simple for the fight in January. Anyway, we're all novices. Reminds me of Fencing. Novice. Only Paul and Dilip are at the amateur level. I don't think I will want to fight if I progressed to an amateur after the competition. I really have no idea how I will do... I hope I don't get too beaten up. It will be detrimental to my ego. Haha!
I won't stop Muay Thai though. I wanna do it for minimum 2-3 years. It'll be hard to say goodbye to it. I really love it, despite the pain.
16/12
Finally a day off! Got to sleep in till 11am. Sure felt good. No need to go anywhere for training, or get dragged out of bed at 6:45am to work. Feels good. Soon school's gonna start again and I will have to mug much harder. Results are out later on in the day. I am scared. Shit. Haha. I think Stats will probably be my worst subject. But no shocker there. Just not enough effort put into it. I can't blame anyone but myself. I got A+ for CT class participation :P Shocker! Haha. Class part for stats also A+. I got highest in my class for TWC class part. 9/10. Woo. Hahaha. Wow. Gotta pat myself on the back :P Not bad, I thought I didn't have it in me. Guess it took awhile to adjust to SMU's class part nonsense. I might be the next class part whore. People will hate me!
Anyhow... Amma called me today. She asked me to go over to help her make murukku. It does take some effort. The piping it isn't easy, especially when there's little dough left. Amma taught me how to do it about 2 years back, and now I'm quite the pro at it :P Working the forearms while cooking too!




Good job Maddie (: See how I make murukkus in perfect circles?! HAHA.
My grandma's recipe is really good. I sincerely (no bias here) feel that this is the best murukku out there. Deep fried yet it doesn't feel oily. Crunchy. Mmm. So good! :D We have this once a year in my home. Amma says she's a little disappointed that her daughters never really help her now. But I can help! More than willing to (:
Sya and Peiyi came over to my grandma's first. They had a hand in piping out the murukkus too. Haha. Then they had one of Aunty Angel's heavenly cakes. She's the best baker around, I swear. Her cakes are to die for. My favourite? Hmm. Her mandarin orange cake. Ecstasy!
From Amma's house, we walked back over to my place. No one home, so we had the whole house to ourselves. Caught up, lots of "bitching". Haha. Nice. Sya is such a joker.
They raided my freezer. I have 3 pints of Haagan Dazs Green Tea ice cream and 1 pint Vanilla, 2 boxes of potong ice cream, 1 box of Magnum minis and... I don't know. Tang yuan? Yes, I have tang yuan. I feel like having that soon. I also have a weakness for tau sar piah. SHIT. Anyway, they ate the awesome ice cream. I resisted. It's amazing how I have all this junk at home, yet I don't eat them. A few years back, I would be having it every day! But no more!
Did a light workout in the evening. Back to some Insanity core cardio and balance. It's probably the lightest of the Insanity workouts. Of those I have. I still give a lot of credit to this workout though. Recently, there's been a lot of hype about it, along with P90X and their muscle confusion Muscle confusion accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so that your body never plateaus. That's what they say. Then they have all these testimonials and before and after shots. Haha! Here's one:

I remember watching some P90X videos on Youtube. Minimum equipment required. Just a pull up bar and some weights. Seems better than Insanity. Haha. But still, Insanity can really be Insane. Max interval training. Really working out in a pool of my own sweat. Here's Tania, my Insanity idol:

Not for nothing, but the “Insanity” workout seems like it’s only for people that are extremely serious, or have an exercise induced death wish.
“With ‘Hip-Hop Abs’ we dance and have fun and we cut up and we laugh, but in ‘Insanity’ the most that could happen, and often does, is they gag and throw up here and there. But, that’s part of the pain. Me personally, I love it. If somebody has me working out so hard that I’m heaving over a trash can then I love it.”
Oh it's late. 1:30am. Not that sleepy. Must be the waking up late thing. Haha.
Trading lots of clothes recently. Haha. At least I'm not buying... Well, it makes me happy. I haven't spent a thousand on clothes yet hor. Maybe $500? :/ Oh dear. Haha.



So many brand new in bag, still in the plastics, yearning to be worn. Shall wear them when the sem starts!
Sigh. My love for online shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment