Friday, October 22, 2010

22/10

1) Project Sunshine meeting
2) LTB presenation prep
3) Training at Hilltop
4) Dessert at Liang Seah, Ah Chew



Good day! Training rocks, dessert rocks too! Hehe! No regrets with dessert. It's a once in awhile indulgence. We all need a cheat meal every now and then. Just that recently, I've been giving myself more. I blame totm. Really hungry!

This pretty much sums up my day. Ok, shall elaborate (maybe) some other time. I am way too hungry now. I shouldn't be eating at 0144 hours!

Ok! Back on the 24th of October.
Training at Hilltop. Another run to Esplanade and back with Jin, Paul and Cindy. Didn't feel as tiring as the first time. But my calves are perpetually sore. It's really torturous running for me. SIGH. IT REALLY HURTS. I am not exaggerating. Feels like those horrible cramps you get in the middle of the night ):
The girls started with bagwork. "Freestyle". 3 X 2 min rounds, 10 pushups in between. Then was our turn for padwork with Terence. I don't know why I always have to start first!!! Like that no break man... Worked a lot on roundhouses. And I have to say my roundhouses are not up to standard yet. Only on Wednesday's training it was somehow exceptionally good. I don't twist enough, so my kicks end up going up instead of across. I'll have to take the extra effort to twist more until it becomes second nature!
After my turn was up, I had to do another 3 X 2 min non-stop knees (up and out) at the corner of the ring. Between each set, 10, 10 + 5 then 10 +10 sit ups. The worst thing is my blood blister which broke is sorta... I don't know how to describe it. But the skin is pulling upwards and so it hurts. I'm not walking on my big toe anymore. Anyway, Terence saw my messing around with the plaster I earlier put on before getting into the ring. I took it off eventually, cos it started to not be of any use! Terence brought me some tape! I am so touched! (:
After feeling so extremely breathless from the knees, Terence made us work on our balance and push kicks with the bags. Cindy and I took the longer bags, since we're much shorter than Ivy and Mel. It was only after we finished that we realised how much heavier our bags are compared to theirs. No wonder the bags didn't move as much as theirs la. Haha! Make me think I was weak. NONSENSE! I am strong YO! HA! I went from don't know how to push kick to decent push kicks pretty fast. I think we did push kicks non-stop for 10 minutes. So tiring. Then Terence gave us individual padwork for push kicks. AHA! Now I know how to do it! It will come in really useful when sparring for sure! (:

Hann Khee and Weijoe came to pick me up from Hilltop. Weijoe drove us to Liang Seah Street, Ah Chew. Damn good dessert there. I wanna try everything on the menu!!!! :D
I dragged Cindy along. Nice to have her around la (: And she lives just a few blocks away from me! So perfect. No more lonely journey home after training! (:
Cindy and I shared guilinggao and mango sago with pomelo. YUM! So good. We had a hard time deciding what to order.
We arrived at like... 10:30pm? And the place is just packed. I like the ambience. Authentic Chinese. Haha! Wanna go back there sooooon! (((((:

No comments: