Made it down to Sentosa for an hour of kayaking and a lazy afternoon under the blistering sun. My triceps and thighs are really burning! I guess these areas don't really get exposed to the sun that often, and certainly not to such intense heat. Cold showers are really extremely soothing now. And so is the icy cold aloe vera I have been rubbing on my skin.
We were feeling extremely drained by the sun. Really didn't feel like going down to Sunset for dinner with the guys. But we did eventually, and I guess it was worth it. It's nice to see the guys every once in awhile!
I slept for about 2 hours before catching the World Cup finals between Spain and the Netherlands. I am so proud of them! After more than 8 years of supporting them, and people (like my brother) always telling me how they suck, they finally made it! :D


His palms are insured for a million pounds?! Great goalkeeper! And he kissed his reporter girlfriend during an interview after the match. So sweet! :D
The highlight of the game was when Andres Iniesta scored and in celebration, paid tribute to a Spanish defender who passed away last year.

The message "DANI JARQUE SIEMPRE CON NOSOTROS" translates to: Dani Jarque, always with us.
They brought out Fernando Torres to play in the 30 minutes extra play. I think he just aggravated his injury. It was pretty sad to see him on the ground while the game played on.
I guess everyone who watched will never forget the English referee and his prolific yellow-card giving. Haha! More than half the Dutch team were booked. It was only a matter of time before they were reduced to 10 men.
Carles Puyol has such cute hair. Every time they flashed the slow motion replay of him heading the ball, you caught every moment of his beautiful mane swinging from side to side. My brother and I kept laughing at him. He looks like a Neanderthal =X OOPS! No offence! He is still an amazing player! :)

Look at it! Haha!
I really didn't bother catching this WC though I have been since primary school. I've supported Spain all along ok! But they never made it, so my second choice was always Germany. Raul Gonzalez was my number one, Miroslav Klose my number two. Reading the papers today, I found out that Klose was one goal away from matching Ronaldo's record number of goals. However, as he was down with the flu, he was unable to play in their last match. He is already 32. I seriously doubt he will play in the next WC in Brazil ): Raul is old too. All the people I used to watch play are all about to retire or have already done so... SO SAD! Am starting to lose interest. But no doubt there are really good players around, like Cesc Fabregas. I always thought he was good. Torres too. I don't know why some people can't stand him. I only can't stand Rooney and Mr. CR7. Argh!
I can't believe I'm going on about this with so much 'passion'. Haha!
Another rest day for me. I'm trying to finish up "The Piano Teacher", then it's time for "Beautiful People". Am really enjoying reading again! (:
Food journal 12/7
Breakfast:
2 pieces weetbix with oat milk
Lunch:
YTF with lots of chye sim
Dinner:
Chicken breast and vegetable soup
1 egg
Indulgence:
2 chocolate cookies
Will probably take half a dragonfruit and some more milk later on. Just so hungry!
No comments:
Post a Comment