Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fun-o-rama. The Ultimate Trip

We spent hours slicing and dicing, peeling, boiling, drawing, glueing and crying even (onions). I had a heart to heart talk with Gab at Jennifer's house and I guess it was nice to share honest feelings with someone. Slicing those cute-looking fishcakes with Jennifer and Munting was quite fun though I reeked of fishcake on the way home. It was late and it was worrying to me that I was the only one living in the North cos the rest were cck ppl. Thankfully Mummy could pick me up at cck. She was actually at the carpark at home when I called and she drove back to pick me up. By the time I reached home it was alr midnight. I didnt bother for my hair to dry, I just went straight to bed. I fell asleep while praying.

Woke up at 515 on fun-o-rama day. I packed my new soft toys, William Sr and William Jr, stupid squeeze ball and mundane mushroom. When I reached school at least there was somethings to look forward too. =) We walked to the candeck to see the cow. It looked bad. And kinda gross. Then we went back to our stalls.

Our stalls werent as successful as we hoped it to be. People dont really buy laksa in the morning. But business caught up later in the day. We finished 2 big pots of gravy and had to cook another in school. Edmund and I helped to peel the garlic skins off while Daren cut the onions, making everyone cry. Quite entertaining. I know our first batch of laksa tasted really good and Mr Mak came twice to buy it. He was really nice asking us about how our business was and joking with us. I also got reminded why I cant work in sales or any job that involves lots of interaction with strangers. I just dont like it when they ignore you. Cant you people see that I'm trying my utmost best to be nice? I'm sure Peiyi and Angela could cos Im not usually so welcoming. As for the games stall, the board spoiled and we had to repair it. We lost quite abit of business because of it and it was really frustrating.

People who know me should know that I dont enjoy crowded places, i dont like noise. On my way to pick my BP friends up from the bleachers I got really irritated with the crowd. I know the band playing at the foyer was quite good but the music was so loud I could feel my heart pounding. It was nice to see them, especially Carlyn, cos she's always the one I talk to when I have any problems. So, I seem to miss her the most. They bought laksa from my laksa stall. I know it was spicy. But that batch was the good one. After they got their food I went to help out with the preparation for the next pot of gravy. I know I didnt accompany my friends around the school =( and i feel freaking bad about it. I've apologised. =((((((( Im sorry you guys.

At 5 or so, Wendy, Cassandra, Min En and I were in the laksa stall talking about our laksa and how it tasted very lemongrass-y. We felt quite bad selling it to people. One person even said to his friend "Is this stall manned by students? Why all not enthu one?". I didnt turn around to look at who he was. I was feeling really lethargic by then.

This is how I spent $50 worth of coupons.
1. ACJC limited edition collegiate
2. A drink
3. Another drink
4. Swensons sticky chewy chocolate ice cream
5. 4 cans of drinks for $4
6. A bowl of laksa
7. A bowl of spaghetti
8. Gave Peiyi $2
9. I dunno where I spent the other $2 on

I was glad to see Andrea yesterday. I miss her alot too. Hope to see her more often though she's in SA now.

The day finally ended and we left college at about 730 to eat at JE. We had dinner and left although there were initial plans to watch a movie. But I was really tired by then and wanted to go home.

When I got home I couldnt wait to shower after a whole day in school. I lay on my bed waiting for my hair to dry and messaging before I dozed off. Woke up an hour later when my mum asked me what I was doing. The answer is pretty obvious. I WAS sleeping. Quickly prepared for bed and fell asleep while praying again.

I guess the day was alright. Some parts of it were really nice, some werent. Some made me smile, some didnt. It was simply just ok for most of it. But I guess, nothing can bring me down especially when im in the right place now, feeling the best in the longest time. Bring on the HAPPY. =)

No comments: