It's been almost 3 months working here. What my mum said was true. I never thought I would actually make friends here. But I have! If I managed to, then there is hope for 'anti-social' people like me. I'm starting to feel more comfortable around others :)
I guess you can say that I've had a great time here. And it's all thanks to the guys! All the old men. Haha! It gets boring at the pump room. I always look forward to them visiting or daytripping. It brightens up yet another dull day for a brief moment. We had fun staying onboard and hanging out after work, playing stupid games, taking photos and eating supper at 11pm. We didn't even mind that we had to wake up at 0430 the next day to take the 0515 boat back to the pump room. It was fun I haven't had in a long time. The first night staying onboard after they left was boring! We just hung out at the office and FB-ed till it was time to sleep. We lay in bed talking to each other for a little bit, saying how much we would miss having them around. We hoped that feeling of missing them would last only a fleeting moment. It's better now I guess. Cos they still come and visit us every now and then. Like Xiao Diiii, who drops by to steal bottles and bottles of water everyday. WJ is like a big brother to me. I can confide in him and he always cares and offers me advice. Choy is another big brother figure. He's extremely nice! He woke up at 5am just to see us down the vertical ladder safely. SO SWEEEET! Mok likes to talk a hell lot of crap and acts like a big shot all the time, but we all know deep down inside, he is as caring and protective of us too! The 2 E&I guys still daytrip so we see them everyday. They stole cornflakes for us :) Cheeeeahhhhh... I like his ID photo very much! He never fails to make me smile :) Jeremy aka Powder Boy is an interesting character. He is very fair and he has very amusing expressions! And I like his smile! But we are still wondering what's up with his hair. OOOOPP! (:
Sadly, we will be leaving in about a months time. Don't know if we will see them again! I sure hope so. It's true! I am very fond of them all (:
Anyway, I feel like I've just started a new chapter of my life. Things have changed and probably for the better. I wish I could pretend that everything is ok but it's not that easy.
I thank you for respecting my decision. I wish you all the best in whatever you do, and will pray for you every night as I always have. I do not hate you. I respect the person that you are, but I really want you to let go. I am not as good as you think I am. One day you will realise that. Please go out and experience life. Stop holding on to something that is already gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment