Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Early reunion

9 February
Yesterday, Toa Payoh grandma called to say that our reunion dinner was to be held today instead of the traditional one day before CNY. So we did it today. Wemt after work. As usual, it was a place at Yishun. A new place, not Chong Pang anymore. It was alright I guess. I doubt the shark's fin is real la, since it's at a coffee shop kinda place. We had yusheng, fish, chicken, scallop with brocolli, prawns, noodles, mushroom then dessert. Killer. So full. Earlier in the day had Din Tai Fung for lunch at JP after buying pantry supplies for the office. I will also remember this day as the day I learnt a valuable lesson... Never take 187 beyond BBDC. Such a long and winding road. I hate long bus rides!

Have to work again tomorrow. At least work now isn't too bad. Since the project only starts next week. Now got a lot of photocopying to do. Have plenty of papercuts as evidence. I got the most painful one ever yesterday. I felt the paper cut through from the moment it touched my skin, to the slicing of the flesh, to its exit. Then it bled!!! And people laughed at me.

I learned an interesting 'unword' today. "Earjacking". Like carjacking. It means holding someone hostage in a far too long conversation that he/she is not interested in. I like it!

11 February
I swear I just copied tens of thousands of papers today. I'm a professional now. Ask me anything about the photocopier and I can answer you. Paper jams! EASY, leave it to me. I am the Queen of the photocopying room! But I have no throne. Whole day just standing in front of the machine. Darn it. Do you have any idea how tiring it is to just stand there?! SIGH!!!

Just got back from BBDC. Went for my second practical lesson. The instructor let me drive on public roads already! Haha. Exciting. I know some people are scared and stuff. Frankly, I didn't feel anything. In fact, I think it was easier than inside the circuit. My instructor today was a bit more frank than the previous one. But good la. Can learn from my mistakes. I must work on returning the steering wheel from turns. And he also said it is apparent that I like to speed. But I never once felt like I was driving fast. Might be my mum's fault. Anyway, had a lot of fun today driving! It is fun. Going again tomorrow:)

Gotta climb the rig for a tour this Friday I think. Must be physically fit to do it cos it requires a lot of climbing of ladders and stairs and stuff. Tomorrow must go train at the pump room. SIAN. Oh well. I gotta earn money so I can set up my business soon:) Already contacted a supplier:)

It's late! Another 6 hours and I have to wake up again. I wish I could sleep!!! Did you read the news about the real life Sleeping Beauty? She can sleep for 13 days! Amazing! Haha. I think the longest I've slept is 16 hours. Should try again after Anchorage. I think I will badly need the sleep after the project is over.

Goodnight people!

No comments: